December 2017 Fire Recovery Resources
USGS Post-fire Debris Flow Preliminary Hazard Assessment for Lilac Fire.
The United States Geological Survey (USGS) has conducted an assessment of the Lilac Fire burn area to estimate the probability and volume of debris flows that may occur under certain storm conditions.
For local information and resources for flood preparedness, visit ReadySanDiego.org/flooding.
March 16, 2018 was the application filing deadline for individuals and businesses impacted by the December 2017 Lilac Fire to register for FEMA assistance.
The window for businesses to file for an Economic Injury Disaster Loan with the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) closes October 15, 2018.
For more information, contact the SBA’s Disaster Assistance Customer Service Center by calling (800) 659-2955, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or visiting the SBA for Disaster Assistance. Deaf and hard-of-hearing individuals may call (800) 877-8339. Applicants may also apply online using the SBA Electronic Loan Application (ELA).
Disaster survivors with remaining unmet needs are encouraged to complete the Disaster Intake Form with the San Diego Voluntary Organization’s Active in Disasters (VOAD) to be connected with available community resources and services.
Recovery Overviews and General Resources
Rebuilding and Permit Processing in the Unincorporated County
- Rebuilding: Commonly Asked Questions
- County of San Diego Building Division Agency Contact List
- Emergency Temporary Occupancy Permits for Fire Damaged Homes
- Permit Processing for Fire Damaged Homes – Onsite Sewage Disposal Systems
- Minimum Plot Plan Information
- 2016 Agriculture Fire Damage Agricultural Assessment Form
- Property Tax Disaster Relief Information
- Property Tax Disaster Relief Application
- Homeowners’ Guide for Flood, Debris, and Erosion Control after Fires
- Post-Fire Ash and Debris Cleanup Guidance
- Fact Sheet: Protecting Public Health from Home and Building Fire Ash (Safe Cleanup of Fire Ash) (PDF)
- Construction & Demolition Recycling Guide
- Construction & Demolition Recycling Facility Directory
- Landfill and Transfer Station Map
Public Health and Hazardous Waste
- What To Do After A Wildfire: Safety Tips
- Managing Propane Tanks and Cylinders In Areas Affected by Wildfire
- Household Hazardous Waste Information
- Household Hazardous Waste Collection Facilities
- More Environmental Health Information