Border 32 Fire

Follow links below for help in the recovery process. Residents can also call 2-1-1 for health and community resources or 
858-309-1338 to be contacted by a Red Cross case worker.

Recovery Assistance Email

Unincorporated County residents affected by the wildfires may email Business hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Emails received after hours or on the weekends will be returned next business day. 


Recovery Overviews and General Resources

Individual property owners and residents impacted by the Border 32 fire may contact the Assessor/Recorder/County Clerk for replacement copies of property-related documents, and birth, death, and marriage certificates lost in the fire.  For assistance, please visit to download an application or contact our offices at 619-237-0502, Monday through Friday, between 8:00 AM and 4:00 PM.  You may also send questions to

Damage Assessment

Rebuilding and Permit Processing in the Unincorporated County

For any building permit fee related questions, please call the Building Division at (858) 565-5920

The County is waving permit fees for residents impacted by the Border 32 Fire who are looking to rebuild permitted or unpermitted structures that can be legally rebuilt with permits on their property

Debris Assistance

Public Health and Hazardous Waste

Property Taxes

County Health & Human Services

Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster (VOAD)